"JAMMING" in Marlborough Library
16th & 23rd September 2017 - from 9:30 - 12:30
Come and see what Digital Making is all about
Drop in to Marlborough Library on Saturday morning 16th or 23rd September to see Raspberry Pi's being used in a variety of ways.
These extraordinary, low cost computers can be used as:
- a general purpose computer,
- to start to learn coding,
- to explore a wide range of image taking methods,
- to build robots,
- to make music, art work, and so much more .............
Come and see the new Digital Making Kits being used and how they can help support STEM learning:
- See how the Electronics Kit can be used to explore electronic circuits controlled by a Raspberry Pi using Python coding to:
- switch LED lights on/off
- measure the light level, and
- measure the local temperature
- See the Image Taking Kit being used to take still images and video clips with Raspberry Pi/Python coding methods to:
- stream live video
- create timelapse videos, and
- learn how to make stop-motion videos (just like Wallace & Gromit!)
- Understand, with the Servo & Stepper Motor Kit, how a Raspberry Pi with Python coding can be used control servo and stepper motors - learn about some basic ways of controlling things in the physical world!