Jamming in Marlborough
Marlborough Town Hall
Sunday 4th March - 10:00am to 4:00pm
This ‘Jamming in Marlborough’ event is part of the overall “Big Birthday Weekend” organised by the Raspberry Pi Foundation (click here for more details).
The Marlborough Area Maker Group’s focus for all the local Raspberry Jams, is to encourage skills development and expertise in digital systems/computing and embedded software for all age groups, but in particular for the under-18’s. Anyone that is interested in gaining some understanding of the rapidly developing use of technology both in the workplace and generally within society, or just wants some fun playing with a range of digital projects, should drop in to this free event, bringing all their friends and family with them!
The detailed format of the event is explained in more detail at the link below, but it will be held in the Court Room of Marlborough Town Hall on Sunday 4th March 2018 from 10:00am through to 4:00pm.
A range of demonstration and hands-on workshop activities are already scheduled and will include the following:
- a basic introduction to the Raspberry Pi, the small computer used to control many of the projects developed in the various activities;
- a series of live demonstrations and presentations of some typical projects that anyone could undertake, e.g. various robotics, time lapse photography, home automation projects, etc.
- in all the demonstrations the emphasis is to show how anyone, young or old, can learn to ‘code’ a Raspberry Pi to ‘make’ stuff that can be controlled and made to move, play music, make sounds, light up, etc., etc.
- an ‘open’ area will also be set up where anyone can bring in their own project to show and/or to get some advice,
- a key element of the programme however will be hands-on workshop sessions that allow anyone to ‘have a go’ using the MADT Digital Making Kits to make up one or more Electronics projects – where individual 90 minute slots (45 minutes to build some projects + 45 minutes to test them on a computer) can be pre-booked to guarantee that you will be able to try something out. Use the link below about the detail of the workshops to request your booking straightaway to ensure you can secure a time slot during the day.
More information is available in the links below, but if you would like to learn more, help, or participate in some way, please contact us by email here.
Detailed information for the 4th March 2018 event: